We are very proud to announce today that HackensackUMC deploying MediNav™ in partnership to drive innovation, transformation and Enterprise ROI in Healthcare that will encompass two tracks of innovation.
- an Enterprise deployment of MediNav™ Navigator Edition 2.0 using the Connexient SDK + API to implement an innovative “Airline check-in model” for Patient Experience; and
- a collaboration to develop pioneering Indoor Navigation and Augmented Reality features on Google’s revolutionary Project Tango platform.
Making the Airline Check-in Model a Reality
A focal point for Connexient and HackensackUMC will be to develop and pioneer an innovative "Airline Check-in Model" for patient experience where digital wayfinding, navigation and location services are integrated with appointment scheduling and patient flow solutions. When fully deployed, this model will bring multiple benefits to HackensackUMC and its patients:
- enhance patient experience, making it easy to get to where the patient or visitor wants to go;
- minimize the stress of patients and visitors face in navigating a large, complex facility;
- reduce missed or late appointments – capturing lost revenue; and
- optimize resource utilization by improving enterprise visibility of inbound appointments.
Our First SDK + API Deployment
HackensackUMC will leverage the Connexient API + SDK to integrate MediNav maps, routing, directions and navigation into the new HackensackUMC mobile app patient engagement mobile application, Web site and patient portal. This is another huge and very exciting milestone for Connexient. While the initial integration focused on the problem of Patient Experience is important, the Connexient SDK + API also enables our clients to integrate MediNav maps, navigation and location services into applications and platforms across the Enterprise, such as operations (staff and clinical workflow), asset tracking, security, facility management and more. Each integration will bring increasing ROI to the Enterprise and benefits to the end users.
Pushing the Envelope with Project Tango
Connexient and HackensackUMC will also partner in a second track to develop first a prototype and then pilot a mobile application built on Google’s revolutionary Project Tango platform with two vectors:
- Indoor Navigation. Applying Tango as an actual solution for indoor “positioning” and navigation.
- Augmented Reality. Leveraging Tango unique ability to “see the world as humans do” for a variety of Augmented Reality use cases for navigating and interacting with physical environments.
Working with a Visionary Healthcare IT Leader
“At Hackensack University Medical Center, we are dedicated to healthcare transformation and continuous improvement of the patient experience. We see Indoor Navigation and Location-based Services as a key to solving the challenges patients, visitors – and even team members – face in getting through a large, complex facility such as ours. Our work together with Google’s Project Tango will further push this envelope of innovation with a truly revolutionary leap forward in how mobile devices can understand and interact with the world around them.”
Now It’s Time to Get to Work!
At Connexient, we know taking innovation from an idea to reality take careful planning, hard work and collaboration. The benefits of both of these concepts will only be gained through careful integration not just technically, but ensuring that data flows in both directions and delivers the right information at the right time in an actionable way for the people that use it - whether that be the patient or the hospital staff or caregiver.
We look forward to starting that work today with Hackensack UMC!
Are You Going to HIMSS2016?
Or schedule a Webex meeting to learn more about the MediNav and the Airline Check-in Model.