Connexient is looking for an Indoor Positioning Engineer to drive implementation success regarding the indoor positioning component of our application deployments. This position requires an extensive technical understanding of indoor positioning technologies and wireless communications. A candidate who has experience with iBeacon, RTLS, and/or BLE technology is ideal. The position will include development of best practices and protocol to insure successful implementations, on-site troubleshooting, and future technology strategy & development. The candidate will work directly within our Engineering Team with constant collaboration with our Professional Services – Project Management, QA, and Mapping - and Product Development teams.
Skills and Requirements:
Suitable candidates will possess all or most of the following skills and experience:
- Background in wireless communications (RF propagation, BLE, Wi-Fi, cellular communications)
- Proficiency in JAVA development
- Proficiency in Android and/or iOS software development
- Experience in process definition, enforcement and improvement. Root cause analysis.
- Well organized and able to multi-task on several implementation projects at one time
Up to 75% travel throughout the US and Canada for first 6 months, 50% thereafter.
- Train, direct and supervise our field engineers and professional services team on implementation setup, validation, and debugging of indoor positioning systems.
- Direct communication, knowledge transfer and documentation of the processes and technologies of our indoor positioning vendor partners.
- Develop and manage training protocols to field engineers and other members of the professional services team on successful positioning deployment practices
- Conduct on-going research and development of indoor positioning technologies and how they are applied to the company’s product lines and core vision.
- Collaborate with Connexient’s engineering team and leadership in the continuous development and improvement of tools, systems and processes to ensure the highest quality and reliability of performance in deployment, monitoring and maintenance of indoor positioning systems.